At St Mark’s, our mission is to provide an outstanding education for every young adult that learns with us. As a school based Sixth Form College, students who attend can enjoy the extra freedoms and responsibilities, yet still remain part of a nurturing and challenging community founded on love, hope and trust.
Our varied curriculum offer ensures students can prepare for the next stage of their education. Whether their ambition is to attend a Russell Group University or gain credible qualifications respected and recognised by universities leading directly into employment and training, we have the path that will facilitate this. Each day students will experience high quality, creative teaching and learning, delivered by staff who have a unique understanding of pupils’ strengths and areas for development. This will inspire a thirst for learning.
Our students have excellent leadership and enrichment opportunities that provide the skill set required for higher education. We pride ourselves on high quality career guidance and exceptional links with apprenticeship schemes and businesses that prepare our students for the world of work.
Our Higher Education Programme combines academic experiences and cultural visits to provide an all-encompassing preparation for university life.
The commitment we have to the success of every student, along with the supportive relationships between staff and students means that St Mark’s Sixth Form can be a place that cultivates your son or daughter’s path towards the next stage of their life.
At St Mark’s Sixth Form we meet the 16-19 curriculum requirements
- All ESFA funded education for 16 to 19 year olds are delivered as a study programme which combines qualifications and other activities, and which is tailored to each student’s prior attainment and career goals.
- Every study programme has a core aim.
- Young people who do not hold a GCSE grade 4 (reformed grading) or grade C (legacy grading) in maths and/or English continue these subjects as part of their study programme at St Mark’s.
- All study programmes include work experience and non-qualification activities which complement the other elements of the programme and support students to progress to further or higher education or to employment.
2023 – 2024 Sixth Form Enrolment information
- Year 12 ( Internal students) Enrolment Thursday 24 August 10:00am - 12:00pm
- External students Enrolment Thursday 24 August 10:00am - 3:00pm